Meet The First Ever Talent Is Timeless Winner - Fergus McNeill
In March 2021 Glaswegian Criminologist Fergus McNeill became the first ever national Talent Is Timeless songwriting competition winner with his touching song ‘Bloodrush’.
Among the prizes he won for first place was a record deal with Jam Records, recording at Abbey Road Studios and play listing in all 700 Caffe Nero branches across the country.
Fergus started writing songs only in his mid-40s.
In his day-job as an academic criminologist, he had stumbled upon the idea of using collaborative songwriting to explore crime and justice. To that end, in 2013 he co-founded the arts organisation Vox Liminis (www.voxliminis.co.uk) with his friend and colleague, Alison Urie.
He soon found himself part of songwriting workshops and, very quickly, the songwriting bug had him firmly in its grip. Over the last 8 years, he has written many songs, but Bloodrush is the first and only one to be studio-recorded and commercially released.
Fergus lives in Glasgow with his wife and two teenage children.
'Bloodrush' by Talent Is Timeless winner 2021 Fergus McNeill
Filmed and recorded at Abbey Road Studios
Words and music: Fergus McNeill
Drums and Percussion: Louis Abbott
Backing vocals: Saskia Griffiths-Moore
Piano and backing vocals: Donna Maciocia
Electric guitar: James Mackay
Vocals and acoustic guitar: Fergus McNeill
Violin: Jill O’Sullivan
Double bass: Thomas Holder
Engineered by: William Baker
Produced by: Kris Gorski, Audioplanet
Mastered by: Magdalena Piotrowska, Hear Candy
Videography by Carl Russ-Mohl (Muphovi Ltd)
‘Bloodrush’ is available on all streaming platforms.
2021 Inaugural Official Talent Is Timeless Competition Winners & Shortlist
Top 3 Places
1) Fergus McNeill: https://soundcloud.com/user-57337486/bloodrush
2) Tony Szymanski: https://www.facebook.com/100007444635911/videos/2898137087111084/
Shortlist (in random order)
- Mark Lewczynski: https://soundcloud.com/user-579116975/noelia-enex-restore-your-smile
- Maria Waldron: https://api.typeform.com/responses/files/
- Patricia-Annette McGillicuddy: https://soundcloud.com/1trishanne
- David Evans: https://soundcloud.com/davidgrantevans-yahoo-co-uk/we-are-the-ones-who-cannot-see
- Retini Dunleavy: https://soundcloud.com/retini_dunleavy/01-the-streets-of-paris-with-pr
- Nick Endacott: https://youtu.be/Y-L_1gjCxXE
- Leiza Alpass: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RTUA0hIQ76c
- Bob Gallie: https://soundcloud.com/bob-gallie/autumn-winds
- Dave Walmisley: https://youtu.be/WtasN_RWaak
- Liz Pearson: https://soundcloud.com/chalkhorsemusic/human-touch/s-3LV8jgJChxf
- Ben Walker: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcfMyYlAr9E
- Emma Kirkbride: https://open.spotify.com/track/1wyGD9VBSBQKZHWBw2oWMe?si=4TtGdjRIQVmUSzuL6o0fWA
- Tony Winn: https://youtu.be/T03sPRulQJA
- Tim Conway: https://soundcloud.com/thepannacottaarmy/sea-of-love
- Peter Wakefield: https://soundcloud.com/petewakefield/moment-in-the-sun
- Terry Stacey: https://api.typeform.com/responses/files/45a5…/03_Berries_in_the_Tree.m4a
- Andrea Cooke: https://youtu.be/7R87Kvg3i9o